Friday, June 01, 2007

40 - Memorial Day part 2

Last week we celebrated the upcoming Memorial Day holiday with a few timely pieces, and this week we conclude that celebration with a wonderful piece entitled Unaccustomed to Fear, written by Terry Quinn, performed at Stone Mountain Park's Memorial Hall on May 29, 2005.

Unaccustomed to Fear was originally performed at the National Audio Theatre Festivals audio theatre workshop in June of 2002 and it made quite an impression on me. When an opportunity for us to perform at Stone Mountain on the Memorial Day weekend, I knew this was the perfect piece for us to bring to our audience. I contacted the author and was luckily able to negotiate the rights to perform it again. Unfortunately I was not able to reprise my role as the narrator as my cousin was getting married in Boston at the time. The story is based on true events and we hope you enjoy it.

Length: 27:26  Size: 12.8M
Direct download: ARTC40-Memorial02.mp3

No comments: