Friday, August 31, 2007

53 - Guards! Guards! part 1

Wow. It's hard to believe we've been podcasting now for one full year. Fifty two podcasts have come and gone and now we're starting on year two, and we're starting it with a really special one.

Back in 2001 we received permission to perform Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett at Dragon*Con. Furthermore, we were very privileged to have John Rhys-Davies play the role of Lupine Wonse When the performance was over we thought that was it...a copy of the recording was sent to Mr. Pratchett, but other than that we thought it would remain locked in the vast, cavernous ARTC archive vault.

But then we started podcasting. And so I wrote to Mr. Pratchett and asked permission to distribute the recording and happily he agreed.

What you are about to hear, in three parts, is something I will always be proud of. I worked very hard on the adaptation, and believe me, cutting a novel-length book down to an hour is hard work, especially when you have an attachment to the material like I did.

I'd like to thank Mr. Terry Pratchett for permission to do the adaptation, performance, and the podcast. I'd also like to thank the late Thomas E. Fuller for his assistance with the adaptation. And I'd like to thank all of you for helping us reach one full year of podcasting, with hopefully many more to come.

David Benedict

No comments: